Sunday 2 June 2013

PERSONAL LEGEND









As a patch of sunlight slipped into my room and crept into my bed,
I woke up with my mind still trapped in last night’s fantasy,
Savoring every moment of its carefreeness,
Recalling every detail,
Striving to slip back into the utopia.

When I finally dragged myself out of the covers,
I was suddenly stroke by an unrecognizable fear.
“Was it reality?”
I snuggled under the covers again.
“What a fiasco!”
The word pinched my heart the way a tiny stone pinches a foot.
A sharp pain swirled up from my heart as I realized that
I was so feeble that I have to hide under the covers,
Away from reality.

I hated it.
“I hated the re ality!”
Where there were too many expectation, too much stress, and too many uncompleted missions…
I hated myself, my cowardice,
My fear of reality.

Finally,
My mind was so occupied by dark, passive imagery that
It exploded;
All the illusions split into pieces.
And suddenly,
Yesterday’s fantasy faded,
Today’s reality dominated.

The fierce sunlight stroke my barely opened eyes,
As if it were trying to enlighten my heart;
As if it were trying to remind me of my Personal Legend,
My dream to pursue.

I felt ashamed.
“Why would I pine for a life in fantasy?”
“Am I afraid of reality?”
“Or am I truly afraid of bring my dream to reality,
And establish my Personal Legend?”

“Stop!”
I must think no more
As my dream is drifting further away from me
With each tick at the clock.

“Step it up!”
I must not fear,
Abandon that utopia,
And embrace the reality
With courage,
With determination,
With an undefeatable me.

Reality is cruel.
The path of my Personal Legend is arduous.
Yet,
I must follow;
I must conquer.
Until the very end;
Until my dream becomes reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment